Dr. Shippy Approved
Neuro Sustain provides an array of micronutrients and antioxidants that are essential to the structure, metabolism, and function of the brain and nervous system.
Neuro Sustain improves the energy production of brain mitochondria and provides generous antioxidant support to combat the damaging effects of excess free radicals in the brain.*
Representing more than 30 years of neuroscience research, this unique encapsulated formula is designed to enhance brain performance and promote brain health.
A key component of a complete program to ensure optimal brain function, Neuro Sustain improves the energy production of brain mitochondria and provides generous antioxidant support to combat the damaging effects of excess free radicals in the brain.*
This unique encapsulated formula includes:
As a source of the conditionally essential amino acid cysteine, NAC is a precursor to one of the brain’s most important antioxidants—glutathione. NAC itself is an effective antioxidant and has been shown to reduce the formation of free radicals that can contribute to oxidative damage in the brain.*
A phospholipid that is highly concentrated in the brain, phosphatidylserine (PS) plays a key role in neuronal energy production and communication. Since very little PS is found in food, we must synthesize or supplement the amount we need for optimal brain health. Improvements in cognitive function and memory have been observed following supplementation with PS.
For some individuals, cognitive decline may be related to “age-related decline in nutrition,” and early nutrition intervention may be warranted. Neuro Sustain contains safe-source PS from sunflower lecithin and contains no animal products.*
The ALCAR form of the amino acid L-carnitine is found to have multifaceted roles in neuroprotection.
It is able to cross the blood-brain barrier where it stabilizes cell membranes, acts as an effective antioxidant, and protects brain cells from toxic chemicals and stress-induced damage.
In addition, ALCAR enhances neuronal energy production, facilitates transport of fuel and waste products into and out of mitochondria, and supports production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter essential to the processes of learning and concentration.*
Acting as both a fat- and water-soluble antioxidant, alpha-lipoic acid provides intracellular and extracellular protection against oxidative stress. With its low molecular weight, alpha-lipoic acid is easily absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. It then enters circulation, crosses the blood-brain barrier, and reaches the brain where it can regenerate other important antioxidants, including glutathione, vitamin E, and vitamin C.*
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
As a ubiquinone, CoQ10 facilitates the transfer of electrons in the electron transport chain (ETC), playing a crucial role in the formation of ATP (adenosine triphosphate) and the generation of energy within the cell.
CoQ10 also donates electrons, making it an effective antioxidant. As such, CoQ10 protects cells, cell membranes, and tissues from damaging free radicals and prooxidants.
The antioxidant activity of CoQ10 may protect the brain from the oxidative stress that is believed to be partially responsible for the degeneration of neuronal cells.*
Broccoli Seed Extract
The patented form of the phytochemical in broccoli called sulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS™) is a key ingredient in Neuro Sustain. Extensive research demonstrates that when SGS is broken down to sulforaphane (its active form), it safely and effectively upregulates the Nrf2 system, enhances antioxidant production, and activates vital phase II detoxification enzymes.
This process provides protection from common toxins and xenobiotics.*
Adequate antioxidant protection from ongoing free radical damage is crucial to maintaining the health and function of the cell and, hence, tissues and organs, especially the brain. Unbridled oxidative damage can lead to metabolic disruption and organ dysfunction over time.
Antioxidant-promoting phytochemicals such as SGS are considered “lifespan essentials” because they assist in maintaining health throughout adult life.*
Sansone RA, Sansone LA. Getting a knack for NAC: N-acetyl-cysteine. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2011 Jan;8(1):10-4. [PMID: 21311702]
2. Kato-Kataoka A, Sakai M, Ebina R, et al. Soybean-derived phosphatidylserine improves memory function of the elderly Japanese subjects with memory complaints. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2010 Nov;47(3):246-55. [PMID: 21103034]
3. Richter Y, Herzog Y, Cohen T, et al. The effect of phosphatidylserine-containing omega-3 fatty acids on memory abilities in subjects with subjective memory complaints: a pilot study. Clin Interv Aging. 2010 Nov 2;5:313-6. [PMID: 21103402]
4. Vakhapova V, Cohen T, Richter Y, et al. Phosphatidylserine containing omega-3 fatty acids may improve memory abilities in non-demented elderly with memory complaints: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord. 2010;29(5):467-74. [PMID: 20523044]
5. Suchy J, Chan A, Shea TB. Dietary supplementation with a combination of alpha-lipoic acid, acetyl-L-carnitine, glycerophosphocoline, docosahexaenoic acid, and phosphatidylserine reduces oxidative damage to murine brain and improves cognitive performance. Nutr Res. 2009 Jan;29(1):70-4. [PMID: 19185780]
6. Picconi B, Barone I, Pisani A, et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine protects striatal neurons against in vitro ischemia: the role of endogenous acetylcholine. Neuropharmacology. 2006 Jun;50(8):917-23. [PMID: 16500685]
7. Steffen V, Santiago M, de la Cruz CP, et al. Effect of intraventricular injection of 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium: protection by acetyl-L-carnitine. Hum Exp Toxicol. 1995 Nov;14(11):865-71. [PMID: 8588946]
8. Sorbi S, Forleo P, Fani C, et al. Double-blind, crossover, placebo-controlled clinical trial with L-acetylcarnitine in patients with degenerative cerebellar ataxia. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2000 Mar-Apr;23(2):114-8. [PMID: 10803803]
9. Jones LL, McDonald DA, Borum PR. Acylcarnitines: role in brain. Prog Lipid Res. 2010 Jan;49(1):61-75. Review. [PMID: 19720082]
10. Kobayashi S, Iwamoto M, Kon K, et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine improves aged brain function. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2010 Jul;10 Suppl 1:S99-106. [PMID: 20590847]
11. Packer L, Tritschler HJ, Wessel K. Neuroprotection by the metabolic antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid. Free Radic Biol Med. 1997;22(1-2):359-78. Review. [PMID: 8958163]
12. Liu J. The effects and mechanisms of mitochondrial nutrient alpha-lipoic acid on improving age-associated mitochondrial and cognitive dysfunction: an overview. Neurochem Res. 2008 Jan;33(1):194-203. Review. [PMID: 17605107]
13. Mancuso M, Orsucci D, Volpi L, et al. Coenzyme Q10 in neuromuscular and neurodegenerative disorders. Curr Drug Targets. 2010 Jan;11(1):111-21. Review. [PMID: 20017723]
14. Ping Z, Liu W, Kang Z, et al. Sulforaphane protects brains against hypoxicischemic injury through induction of Nrf2-dependent phase 2 enzyme. Brain Res. 2010 Jul 9;1343:178-85. [PMID: 20417626]
15. Vauzour D, Buonfiglio M, Corona G, et al. Sulforaphane protects cortical neurons against 5-S-cysteinyl-dopamine-induced toxicity through the activation of ERK1/2, Nrf-2 and the upregulation of detoxification enzymes. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010 Apr;54(4):532-42. [PMID: 20166144]
16. Holst B, Williamson G. Nutrients and phytochemicals: from bioavailability to bioefficacy beyond antioxidants. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2008 Apr;19(2):73-82. [PMID: 18406129]
DIRECTIONS: Take two to four capsules daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. Individuals taking medication, especially cancer treatment, should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner.
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, animal or dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial preservatives.
STORAGE: Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
What makes my supplements different?
- Evidence-based, real health solutions
- Pharmaceutical grade therapeutic formulas
- Highest manufacturing standards
- Ingredients tested for purity, quality, potency, and composition
- Best manufacturers from all over the USA
Therapeutic formulas for best results.
As a Board-Certified Internal Medicine physician, I offer pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplements. This means they are typically stronger in potency and higher in quality than supplements you’ll find in most retail or online stores. It also means you can expect to achieve greater results.
Quality ingredients and formulations. Pure and simple.
The ingredients have been tested for purity, quality, potency, and composition, so you can trust the identity of each formula. It’s so important to know that what you are putting in your body is the purest form and highest quality. I would want nothing less for myself, my patients, or for you.
The ingredients and formulations in my products are from wholesome, pure, clean sources, and in their most bioavailable forms for maximum effectiveness. This means that they are in the form that is best absorbed and utilized by your body.
It’s not just what’s in the supplement that matters - what's not in the supplement is just as important. Many of my patients, including myself, have food allergies or sensitivities. None of my supplements contain gluten, dairy, GMOs, preservatives, dyes or toxins.
There are a couple of rare exceptions where products contain trace amounts of egg and a few contain tree nuts. All ingredients are clearly indicated on the product pages. Be sure to read carefully if you have any know food allergies or sensitivities.
Highest manufacturing standards.
The supplements in my store are manufactured in facilities that are strictly controlled by rigorous standards that meet cGMPs, and routinely pass FDA and third-party audits. Materials go through laboratory testing from raw source to the finished product…to bottling and labeling.
I offer the best of the best, from all over the country.
In order to provide a comprehensive array of supplements I don’t rely on just one manufacturer. I recognize that some have better sources and formulations in specific areas than others, and I only select the best of the best. This means, you don’t have to go researching and searching – I've done all the leg work for you.
It’s taken many years of research, trial, implementation, and relationship building to bring what I am offering to you and to my patients. I also stay on top of the latest advancements in formulas, science and industry news to continue to offer the highest quality of innovative supplements. This means you will see changes in offerings to reflect cutting edge solutions.
Evidence-based. Supplements that offer real health solutions.
I personally select every product on my store. Ultimately, it is the science, research and clinical testing that drives my choices and recommendations.
Also, I choose what works. In my years of experience, I have observed the positive outcomes of many of these formulas with patients. In my practice I look for the most natural methods to address health concerns - and often key nutrients and supplements are a huge part of the solution.
I am truly passionate about helping you achieve your best health. I hope you find the nutritional supplements you are looking for and that you are satisfied with your purchase. My helpful staff is committed to providing excellent customer service. Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Continental US Orders
FLAT Rate $9.95
FLAT Rate $40 Two Day UPS
- All shipments originate from Austin, TX. Our goal is to process your order within 1-2 business days. Please allow up to 7-10 business days for processing and shipping.
- Free shipping applies to ground shipping.
- FedEx next day orders placed prior to 12 pm CST Monday – Thursday will arrive the next business day. Orders placed after 12 pm on Thursday will be shipped out the following Monday. No orders will be shipped Friday-Sunday or on holidays
- All orders must be delivered to addresses in contiguous 48 United States*. We are unable to ship products to APO/FPO, Puerto Rico (PR), or international addresses
- If you have a coupon code, please remember to apply at checkout – coupon codes cannot be applied to previously placed orders.
- Online programs, e-courses, e-books, and information products, that do not require shipping, may be purchased by anyone around the world.
- *Occasional delays may occur due to stock availability, storewide sales, and unforeseeable weather conditions.
- Free shipping applies to ground shipping on all US orders