Dr. Shippy Approved
Lean Probiotics features vegetarian, gluten- and dairy-free, patented HOWARU® Shape Bifidobacterium animalis subsp lactis B420.
At the turn of the 20th century, Nobel Prize laureate Ilya Metchnikov introduced the concept that bacteria in yogurt can support the neutralization of gut pathogens, which may, in turn, support longevity. Since then, the role of beneficial bacteria in human health has become well established in the literature and continues to evolve.
In 2002, the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) and WHO (World Health Organization) working group experts established a definition of probiotics as “live strains of strictly selected microorganisms, which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host.”
Results of clinical studies have suggested a positive effect of supplemental probiotics on a wide range of health concerns, including gastrointestinal issues, allergies, immune support, and weight-management.*
This probiotic strain has been proven safe, effective, and well-tolerated.
It has been shown to assist with healthy body composition by improving gut barrier function, supporting the reduction of body fat mass, and promoting less calorie consumption.*
To further support resistance to low pH and the delivery of microorganisms to the small intestines, we use gastro-resistant capsules.
These specially designed, innovative capsules help slow exposure of actives to stomach acid and ensure more targeted release.
Each capsule is sealed in a nitrogen-purged blister pack to provide protection from heat, moisture, and oxygen, factors known to compromise probiotic stability.
1. Singh VP, Sharma J, Babu S, et al. Role of probiotics in health and disease: a review. J Pak Med Assoc. 2013 Feb;63(2):253-7. [PMID: 23894906]
2. Report of a Joint FAO/WHO Working Group on Drafting Guidelines for the Evaluation of Probiotics in Food. FAO; London, ON, Canada. 30 April–1 May 2002. https://www. who.int/foodsafety/fs_management/en/probiotic_guidelines.pdf. Accessed December 11, 2018.
3. Wilkins T, Sequoia J. Probiotics for gastrointestinal conditions: a summary of the evidence. Am Fam Physician. 2017 Aug 1;96(3):170-178. [PMID: 28762696]
4. Markowiak P, Śliżewska K. Effects of probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics on human health. Nutrients. 2017 Sep 15;9(9). pii: E1021. [PMID: 28914794]
5. Sanders M, Merenstein C, Merrifield C, et al. Probiotics for human use. Nutrition Bulletin. 2018 Sept;43(3):212–225. doi: 10.1111/nbu.12334. https://onlinelibrary. wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/nbu.12334. Accessed December 11, 2018.
6. Kadooka Y, Sato M, Imaizumi K, et al. Regulation of abdominal adiposity by probiotics (Lactobacillus gasseri SBT2055) in adults with obese tendencies in a randomized controlled trial. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010 Jun;64(6):636-43. [PMID: 20216555]
7. Stenman LK, Lehtinen MJ, Meland N, et al. Probiotic with or without fiber controls body fat mass, associated with serum zonulin, in overweight and obese adultsrandomized controlled trial. EBioMedicine. 2016 Nov;13:190-200. [PMID: 27810310]
8. Putaala H, Salusjärvi T, Nordström M, et al. Effect of four probiotic strains and Escherichia coli O157:H7 on tight junction integrity and cyclo-oxygenase expression. Res Microbiol. 2008 Nov-Dec;159(9-10):692-8. [PMID: 18783733]
9. Stenman LK, Waget A, Garret C, et al. Potential probiotic Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis 420 prevents weight gain and glucose intolerance in diet-induced obese mice. Benef Microbes. 2014 Dec;5(4):437-45. [PMID: 25062610]
10. Hibberd AA, Yde CC, Ziegler ML, et al. Probiotic or synbiotic alters the gut microbiota and metabolism in a randomised controlled trial of weight management in overweight adults. Benef Microbes. 2018 Dec 10:1-16. [PMID: 30525950]
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, acid-resistant capsule (hypromellose, gellan gum, and water), ascorbyl palmitate, and silica.
DIRECTIONS: Take one capsule with water daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner.
STORAGE: Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Wheat, gluten, soy, animal or dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial preservatives.
What makes my supplements different?
- Evidence-based, real health solutions
- Pharmaceutical grade therapeutic formulas
- Highest manufacturing standards
- Ingredients tested for purity, quality, potency, and composition
- Best manufacturers from all over the USA
Therapeutic formulas for best results.
As a Board-Certified Internal Medicine physician, I offer pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplements. This means they are typically stronger in potency and higher in quality than supplements you’ll find in most retail or online stores. It also means you can expect to achieve greater results.
Quality ingredients and formulations. Pure and simple.
The ingredients have been tested for purity, quality, potency, and composition, so you can trust the identity of each formula. It’s so important to know that what you are putting in your body is the purest form and highest quality. I would want nothing less for myself, my patients, or for you.
The ingredients and formulations in my products are from wholesome, pure, clean sources, and in their most bioavailable forms for maximum effectiveness. This means that they are in the form that is best absorbed and utilized by your body.
It’s not just what’s in the supplement that matters - what's not in the supplement is just as important. Many of my patients, including myself, have food allergies or sensitivities. None of my supplements contain gluten, dairy, GMOs, preservatives, dyes or toxins.
There are a couple of rare exceptions where products contain trace amounts of egg and a few contain tree nuts. All ingredients are clearly indicated on the product pages. Be sure to read carefully if you have any know food allergies or sensitivities.
Highest manufacturing standards.
The supplements in my store are manufactured in facilities that are strictly controlled by rigorous standards that meet cGMPs, and routinely pass FDA and third-party audits. Materials go through laboratory testing from raw source to the finished product…to bottling and labeling.
I offer the best of the best, from all over the country.
In order to provide a comprehensive array of supplements I don’t rely on just one manufacturer. I recognize that some have better sources and formulations in specific areas than others, and I only select the best of the best. This means, you don’t have to go researching and searching – I've done all the leg work for you.
It’s taken many years of research, trial, implementation, and relationship building to bring what I am offering to you and to my patients. I also stay on top of the latest advancements in formulas, science and industry news to continue to offer the highest quality of innovative supplements. This means you will see changes in offerings to reflect cutting edge solutions.
Evidence-based. Supplements that offer real health solutions.
I personally select every product on my store. Ultimately, it is the science, research and clinical testing that drives my choices and recommendations.
Also, I choose what works. In my years of experience, I have observed the positive outcomes of many of these formulas with patients. In my practice I look for the most natural methods to address health concerns - and often key nutrients and supplements are a huge part of the solution.
I am truly passionate about helping you achieve your best health. I hope you find the nutritional supplements you are looking for and that you are satisfied with your purchase. My helpful staff is committed to providing excellent customer service. Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Continental US Orders
FLAT Rate $9.95
FLAT Rate $40 Two Day UPS
- All shipments originate from Austin, TX. Our goal is to process your order within 1-2 business days. Please allow up to 7-10 business days for processing and shipping.
- Flat rate is USPS ground shipping.
- UPS 2 Day orders placed after 12 pm on Thursday will be shipped out the following Monday. No orders will be shipped Friday-Sunday or on holidays.
- All orders must be delivered to addresses in contiguous 48 United States*. We are unable to ship products to APO/FPO, Puerto Rico (PR), or international addresses
- If you have a coupon code, please remember to apply at checkout – coupon codes cannot be applied to previously placed orders.
- Online programs, e-courses, e-books, and information products, that do not require shipping, may be purchased by anyone around the world.
- *Occasional delays may occur due to stock availability, storewide sales, and unforeseeable weather conditions.