Herbal GI Boost
Herbal GI Boost
Dr. Shippy Approved
Herbal GI Boost is a comprehensive formula designed to support GI tract health and microflora balance while concurrently supporting antioxidant systems and tissue health.
A complementary blend of herbs, essential oils, and sodium caprylate, a naturally occurring fatty acid.
This blend is formulated to support the body’s immune system as well as a healthy gastrointestinal (GI) flora.
The water-soluble form of Origanox (Origanox WS) is a natural plant extract from the edible herb Origanum vulgare (oregano). Essential oils and phytonutrients from oregano, including rosmarinic acid and quercetin, have been studied closely for their role in supporting antioxidant mechanisms and healthy microbial balance in the body.
Sodium Caprylate, a derivative of caprylic acid, is a medium-chain fatty acid with a long research history. Research indicates that it has the potential to support healthy microbial balance in the intestines without adversely affecting beneficial GI flora. Studies also suggest that it may have direct effects on cellular integrity and growth, further supporting gastrointestinal health.*
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) plays an important role in Herbal GI Boost, offering support for gastrointestinal, immune, and antioxidant systems. Ginger has been used for centuries for support of normal gastric function and activity.*
Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) has been used historically to support normal muscular contraction/relaxation and digestion. This ancient herb is rich in curcumin, which has been researched considerably for its protective effects, as well as its ability to support healthy cytokine balance. The addition of turmeric to Herbal GI Boost provides additional support for GI function and balance.*
Olive Leaf Extract from the traditional medicinal plant Olea europaea is known for its array of healthful attributes, including support for immune and antioxidant activities. While studying the attributes of olive leaf, scientists in the late 19th century isolated oleuropein, which is converted in the body to the active component elenolic acid.
By the late 1960s, research focused on the role of both oleuropein and elenolic acid. Oleuropein and rutin in olive leaf may contribute to maintaining healthy gastrointestinal microflora. Olive leaf extract in Herbal GI Boost is standardized to 20% oleuropein, while less concentrated formulas are standardized to as little as 6% oleuropein.*
- Pizzorno LU, Pizzorno JE, Murray MT. Natural Medicine Instructions for Patients. London, England: Churchill Livingstone; 2002. \nTampieri MP, Galuppi R, Macchioni F, et al. The inhibition of Candida albicans by selected essential oils and their major components. Mycopathologia. 2005 Apr;159(3):339-45. [PMID: 15883716]
- Chun SS, Vattem DA, Lin YT, et al. Phenolic antioxidants from clonal oregano (Origanum vulgare) with antimicrobial activity against Helicobacter pylori. Process Biochem. 2005;40(2):809-16. www.origanox.info. Accessed August 9, 2011.
- Adams JN, Painter BG, Payne WJ. Effects of Sodium Caprylate on Candida Albicans. I. Influence of Concentration on Ultrastructure. J Bacteriol. 1963 Sep;86:548-57. [PMID: 14066435]
- Payne WJ, Bannister ER. Effects of Sodium Caprylate on Candida Albicans. II. Influence of Various Concentrations on Biochemical Changes. J Bacteriol. 1963 Sep;86:558-62. [PMID: 14066436]
- Lantz RC, Chen GJ, Sarihan M, et al.The effect of extracts from ginger rhizome on inflammatory mediator production. Phytomedicine. 2007 Feb;14(2-3):123-8. [PMID: 16709450]
- Ernst E, Pittler MH. Efficacy of ginger for nausea and vomiting: a systematic review of randomized clinical trials. Br J Anaesth. 2000 Mar;84(3):367-71. [PMID: 10793599]
- Ali BH, Blunden G, Tanira MO, Nemmar A. Some phytochemical, pharmacological and toxicological properties of ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe): a review of recent research. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008 Feb;46(2):409-20. [PMID: 17950516]
- Neelofar K, Shreaz S, Rimple B,et al. Curcumin as a promising anticandidal of clinical interest. Can J Microbiol. 2011 Mar;57(3):204- [PMID: 21358761]
- Martins CV, da Silva DL, Neres AT, et al. Curcumin as a promising antifungal of clinical interest. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009 Feb;63(2):337-9. [PMID:19038979]
- Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009 Jun;14(2):141-53. [PMID: 19594223]
- Jagetia GC, Aggarwal BB. “Spicing up” of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35. [PMID: 17211725]
- Ritchason J. Olive Leaf Extract. Salt Lake City, UT: Woodland Publishing Incorporated; 2007.
- Pereira AP, Ferreira IC, Marcelino F, et al. Phenolic compounds and antimicrobial activity of olive (Olea europaea L. Cv. Cobrançosa) leaves. Molecules. 2007 May 26;12(5):1153-62. [PMID: 17873849]
What makes my supplements different?
- Evidence-based, real health solutions
- Pharmaceutical grade therapeutic formulas
- Highest manufacturing standards
- Ingredients tested for purity, quality, potency, and composition
- Best manufacturers from all over the USA
Therapeutic formulas for best results.
As a Board-Certified Internal Medicine physician, I offer pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplements. This means they are typically stronger in potency and higher in quality than supplements you’ll find in most retail or online stores. It also means you can expect to achieve greater results.
Quality ingredients and formulations. Pure and simple.
The ingredients have been tested for purity, quality, potency, and composition, so you can trust the identity of each formula. It’s so important to know that what you are putting in your body is the purest form and highest quality. I would want nothing less for myself, my patients, or for you.
The ingredients and formulations in my products are from wholesome, pure, clean sources, and in their most bioavailable forms for maximum effectiveness. This means that they are in the form that is best absorbed and utilized by your body.
It’s not just what’s in the supplement that matters - what's not in the supplement is just as important. Many of my patients, including myself, have food allergies or sensitivities. None of my supplements contain gluten, dairy, GMOs, preservatives, dyes or toxins.
There are a couple of rare exceptions where products contain trace amounts of egg and a few contain tree nuts. All ingredients are clearly indicated on the product pages. Be sure to read carefully if you have any known food allergies or sensitivities.
Highest manufacturing standards.
The supplements in my store are manufactured in facilities that are strictly controlled by rigorous standards that meet cGMPs, and routinely pass FDA and third-party audits. Materials go through laboratory testing from raw source to the finished product…to bottling and labeling.
I offer the best of the best, from all over the country.
In order to provide a comprehensive array of supplements I don’t rely on just one manufacturer. I recognize that some have better sources and formulations in specific areas than others, and I only select the best of the best. This means, you don’t have to go researching and searching – I've done all the leg work for you.
It’s taken many years of research, trial, implementation, and relationship building to bring what I am offering to you and to my patients. I also stay on top of the latest advancements in formulas, science and industry news to continue to offer the highest quality of innovative supplements. This means you will see changes in offerings to reflect cutting edge solutions.
Evidence-based. Supplements that offer real health solutions.
I personally select every product on my store. Ultimately, it is the science, research and clinical testing that drives my choices and recommendations.
Also, I choose what works. In my years of experience, I have observed the positive outcomes of many of these formulas with patients. In my practice I look for the most natural methods to address health concerns - and often key nutrients and supplements are a huge part of the solution.
I am truly passionate about helping you achieve your best health. I hope you find the nutritional supplements you are looking for and that you are satisfied with your purchase. My helpful staff is committed to providing excellent customer service. Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Continental US Orders
FLAT Rate $9.95
FLAT Rate $40 Two Day UPS
- All shipments originate from Austin, TX. Our goal is to process your order within 1-2 business days. Please allow up to 7-10 business days for processing and shipping.
- Flat rate is USPS ground shipping.
- UPS 2 Day orders placed after 12 pm on Thursday will be shipped out the following Monday. No orders will be shipped Friday-Sunday or on holidays.
- All orders must be delivered to addresses in contiguous 48 United States*. We are unable to ship products to APO/FPO, Puerto Rico (PR), or international addresses
- If you have a coupon code, please remember to apply at checkout – coupon codes cannot be applied to previously placed orders.
- Online programs, e-courses, e-books, and information products, that do not require shipping, may be purchased by anyone around the world.
- *Occasional delays may occur due to stock availability, storewide sales, and unforeseeable weather conditions.
Herbal GI BOOST
I bought this for long vacation to Europe. I took every other day and made it through the vacation with no GI issues. Travel is usually hard for me so I think it did help.